We promote the opera stars of tomorrow.
The Queen Sonja Singing Competition is a prestigious competition that takes place every second year in Oslo with singers from all over the world. The goal of the Competition is to assist the career development of talented young singers. It also acts as a bridge builder between the Norwegian and international music scenes.
We invite businesses, organisations, trusts and private sponsors to join our contributors, in order to give both the Competition and the contestants the best opportunities to further develop their careers. Our sponsors are invited to utilize the Competition as a unique arena in which to build relations and create memorable experiences.
An important role
The Competition plays an important role in Norwegian cultural life and contributes to exposing Norway on the international musical map. For each competition we typically receive applications from approximately 250 singers representing more than 40 nations. The upper age limit for contestants is 32 years of age.
The prize-winners can be offered engagements at several Norwegian institutions, amongst them the Norwegian National Opera & Ballet, Bergen Philharmonic Orchestra, Bergen International Festival, the Norwegian Radio Orchestra, Oslo Philharmonic Orchestra, Stavanger Symphony Orchestra and
Trondheim Symphony Orchestra.
The Queen Sonja Singing Competition achieves broad media coverage, not least through The Norwegian Broadcasting Corporation (NRK)’s TV coverage of the final.
By associating your company or organisation with The Queen Sonja Singing Competition, you will be able to share in some of our core values:
- The Competition creates a sense of unity, enthusiasm and appreciation of the artform among the contestants and audience
- To master their craft at the highest level is crucial to the contestants
- We carry an international focus and aim to bring performers together from a large number of nations, celebrating the diversity of our contestants
- The Competition has been shown to have a positive effect on motivation and career development
- The final provides an exciting, educational and memorable experience for the performers
- We organize social meeting platforms with a number of stakeholders from the business and cultural industries.